Tableau English Course
- Pedagogical: Discover Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server, learn the basis of data visualization and analysis with Tableau. Learn how to create dashboards, manage data connection and share content.
- Operational: The attendant will be able to connect to different data sources, make charts, customize them, organize them, and bring them together in a dashboard. The attendant will also be able to create calculated fields, sets, parameters, use different analytical tools and publish and manage content on a server.
- Tableau, the company & licensing
- Tableau Desktop interface
- Tableau Server interface
- Data types
- Building Charts (marks, multiple axes, customization, format)
- Discrete vs Continuous and working with dates
- Groups, hierarchies, sorts, filters, sets
- Types of aggregation
- Dashboards (layout, objects available, generated filter actions)
- Calculated fields (main functions, data-row level calculations, quick table calculations)
- Analytical tools : Reference lines and bands
- Content on Tableau Server : organization, publication, access rights, ownership, editing published sources
- Data Model and linking data sources (relationships, joins, unions, blending)
This training pack is divided into 10 modules. Each module lasts approximately 1:45 and is guided by a trainer. A module has a theory part, exercises and a quick evaluation. All the courses and exercises will be available online on our platform.